Membership Development Fund
The MEHA Membership Development Fund is a $600 discretionary fund created to assist MEHA members in furthering their professional development. A MEHA member may request funds up to $150 to attend an event or purchase an item such as a textbook or guidebook. To be considered, the member must meet the following criteria:
- Funds are requested after a member has been denied funds by his/her employer.
- Funds will be used to reimburse the member the cost of attending attend an event or the purchase of items that will aid in the professional development of the member (i.e. conference registration fees, books for a class, etc.)
- Funds requested not to exceed $150.
- Members may receive one award per fiscal year.
- If attending an event, the application must be received at least 14 days prior to the event. If the application is approved by the Membership Committee, an award notice will be issued to the member immediately.
- To receive reimbursement, the applicant must submit a letter to the Membership Committee Chair stating what was learned at the event or what item was purchased and how it will help further the member's professional development. The member must also provide a receipt with the cost of the event or item. Fund monies disbursement requires MEHA Executive Board approval.